15.7.13

Hong Kong : British Restaurant - The Pawn

When I was in Hong Kong in the first time, I could not find any good British restaurant, there. So, I wondered where British people in Hong Kong have a decent home cuisine without thinking of going back to Britain.
The answer is "The Pawn". The restarant is housed in a 19th century's detached building and occupies three stories in the building to cater for customers in various needs. The head chef, Anthony Fletcher is a British guy who also takes care of customers time to time to check if they are enjoying their meal. Although the restaurant is heavily criticized by readers of "tripadvisor", the website for poor service, I really did not mind knock the door of the Pawn.
Basically, the concept is to offer modern British cuisine and promote more healthy ingredients such as locally grown organic vegetables and to creat an entertaining atmosphere. I thought it can not be bad as tripadvisor readers suggested. Anyway, such personal opinions do not normally influence my decision. I went there to check it out. I say I am quite satisfied. If you stayed for a certain period of time in Britain, studying or working and you miss the time you spent there, this restaurant would never disappoint you.
 
Fish & chips
 

 
Home-baked bread
Roasted Berkshire pork belly
The restaurant uses a selection of high quality meat from Britain such as Berkshire pig and free-ranged chicken. This dish I had is not oily at all because the pork is roasted slowly for one day and during the process excessive fat in the meat is taken out. So, it is not only light but it also very tender.
My judgement of the restaurant is "highly recommended".
 
住所 :62 Johnston Rd, Wanchai, Hong Kong / 香港湾仔荘士敦道62号
電話番号 :2866-3444
営業時間 :月〜土、Monday - Saturday 11am - 12.30am, Sunday 11am - 10.30pm
12:00〜14:40、18:00〜23:00(L.O. 23:00)、日曜は22:00(L.O. 22:00)まで営業。
休業日 :年中無休
支払い :Visa, Master, Amex
行き方 :1 MTR港島線湾仔(ワンチャイ)駅A3出口より徒歩1分。 2 荘士敦道(Johnston Rd)を渡り西方向(セントラル方面)に進むと、左手に「和昌大押」と書かれた3階建ての建物があります。右側にある階段を上がった1階がレストラン。
サイト : http://www.thepawn.com.hk/
 
 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home