24.10.05

I am in Barcelona!

Dear all,
I have arrived in Barcelona the day before yesterday. I am writing to you guys at a Spanish school. I had a level test this morning and there are a lot of new students from different countries. Most of them are much younger than me. Of course I am young in heart! I was only a student from Asia. I am a curious species here. Today I will have classes only in the afternoon. A chief professor told me that I will be allocated in an advanced level. At this moment, I do not know how high level it will be.... Ok. I will go to El Corte Ingles, an excellent department store with the high quality of grocery. I will buy some cheese for lunch.

Nuno, I am doing all right here in Barcelona. Please send me a message through our blog and to my hotmail account. Today, I found that my hotmail account can not be opened here. Probably we should communicate through our blog. Please tell me your schedule well in advance so that I can get you at the airport. For an urgent call, please send me a fax to the school of Don Quijote on 93 4123712. Tell me your contact phone number. For accommodation, I think there should be no problem to let you stay at my flat. I have very good flatmates. Please bring a sleeping bag. There is a matress and pillow.

I am doing well. Linda, when will you show us your photos.

hasta luego
Yasu

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

hi yasu,
nice hearing from you just when i'm thinking you should already be in Spain for several days.
im working on my traveling journal and will be posting it with some photos here soon.
Enjoy your time!!!

10/26/2005 10:07 am  
Blogger Yasu said...

Hi Linda,
Barcelona is very interesting place to visit. It is much bigger than Fukuoka and much more exciting than Tokyo. Culture of arts always exist here. Pablo Picaso, Miro and Salvador Dali. I will go to visit Dali museum. In the 19th century, a new art movement arose in Europe. Here it is called Modernismo. When you walk along streets of Barcelona you will bump into very distinctive archetectures. Antoni Gaudi (archetect of Sagrada Familia) and Dominic I Montaner (archetect of Cataluyan Music Hall) are leading archetects of this movement. Sunday, I visited a hospital designed by Montaner. Can you imagine that doctors and patients occupy same space of gardens with tourists at hosptal wards.
Oh, I also have to mention one another thing. Nuno will visit me in Barcelona on Tuesday and Wednesday. We will explore the city together.

I will post some comments then. (I have to work out how to post photos. You know I am not good at hightech gadget.)

10/28/2005 10:26 am  
Blogger Um Vicente said...

Hi Yasu

I arrive with Ryan Air (flight 6906) to the airport of Girona at 16.25 on tuesday, ad coçe back to brussels de following day departing from Girona at 16.50.

I've been trying to find out in the net on how to make the connection between Girona airport and Barcelona but it's not clear in the website. If you have some idea tell me and also what address I should go to. I have no sleeping bag in Brussels so will have to sleep in the floor somewhere, it doesn't matter.

If you can come to the airport just tell me.

Things to see or eat it's indiferent. I don't think I'll have too much time to enjoy the city, I'm going mostly to give a hug to you and enjoy some time with you while you're in Europe. I've been in Barcelona last year with Lu and saw most of what I was interested in. Soo we'll just go according to your plan.

See you soon

Nuno

10/30/2005 11:52 pm  
Blogger Yasu said...

Dear Nuno,
I am very glad to hear that you can make it and tomorrow is a national holiday in Spain. I must organise something today.

I had an instinct that you may travel with Ryanair. Girona airport is 1 hour away from Barcelona. I will be there around 16.10, waiting for you to come out. We will take an Airport shuttle to the Estacion de Nord bus terminal at 17.00 In case that things does not go well and as I do not have a mobile phone, you may take Plan B: taking the airport shuttle to Barcelona. In that case, meeting place is at the Information in the terminal.

Brief schedule is as follows.

Tuesday
16.10 I arrive at the airport
16.25 You arrive and go through the custom.
18.10 We arrive at the Estacion de Nord.

Wednesday
In the morning some sightseeing
Take either airport shuttle
14.00 - 15.10
14.30 - 15.40

In case of unsuccessful meeting (this Plan C should not happen), here is the address of my piso.
3 Floor-Room 3, 552 Provença.
Walk down to the Arch. Take Line 1 (Red Line) from Arc de triomf to the direction of Fondo. Get off at Clot-Arago, the third stop to change to Line 2, direction of Paral-lei and get off at the first stop, Encants. When you get out the gate, take the left Exit and go along the street,Dos de Maig on your right (toward Hospital de Sant Pau)and take the second turning on the right (to Provenca street. Note that the first crossing is Mallorca Street). My Piso is that corner next to a grocery and opposite to a pescaderia.

Hopefully see you at the airport.

10/31/2005 2:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home