17.5.05

Shanghai once more

Hi mates

As Michael said, Yasu can undoubtedly be elected as the most productive writer of this blog!

And as Linda commented the descriptions are very detailed and vivid, to say the least. Yasu's writing stile is definetly much more romanesque than mine, with all the dialogues, thoughts and funny comments. Actually, while I was reading it I felt like reading a comic book (but without the drawings), like "Tintin on the moon" or something of the kind.

I suppose this is a direct challenge to Yasu as well as to our other talented drawer, Linda! I think based on Yasu's "fictional" descriptions of his trip to Shanghai it will be possible to develop a storyboard easily. I'm already used to be the dog (in Newcastle I was pictured as a japanesese cartoon with apples hanging from my treely hair...), this time it could be quite a challenge to picture me as an African Dog! It's surely a new character concept, Tintin had his small white dog and Yasu (the main character of the future comic series) can have as companion the African Dog - I leave to the artists the task of how to picture it :-p

Anyway, although a bit exaggerated there's a lot of truth in Yasu's writings and it is quite funny to read (I laughed a lot especially with the spa part, and Yasu's feelings about the height of Lu's parents' home and the thoughtlessliness of his boat trip).

And at least this time I haven't got blue eyes, I'm just a grumpy, hungry guy!!
But Lu was questioning herself about the story of the water pistol. What were you talking about, man?!?

Besides these 4 days with a japanese flavour, our visit to Shanghai was great. Michael was indeed a very good guide and company, and his knowledge of the city together with Lu's made me enjoy a lot the things the city has to offer. The spa was one of the new things I tried in my life, and the reflexology was another. It's a quite good business idea, I think it could very well be imported to Portugal! Besides that we went to one of the oldest and best tea houses in China, located in shanghai Old Town, where we tasted flower tea and green tea cakes, both wonderful.

Besides Shanghai we visited also the cities of Nanjing (where we met Lien Chen by accident, incredible, hum Linda?) and Hangzhou (this last one was quite marvellous!) where we stayed 3 days in each. I loved to see the tea production plantations, taste the tea, enjoy the food (which according to my taste is one of the strongest reasons to visit China as a tourist), visit the buddhist temples and enjoy a boat trip in the West Lake in Hangzhou.

I'm not going to write much more, but just say that Lu's family received me extremely well and made me feel very welcome and enjoying my time!

I leave you with some pictures which I didn't post in my other blog. There you can find 9 posts full of pictures about our time together.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hugs for all, and you can put comments on the pictures if you feel like!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Yasu said...

Nuno, thanks for posting some interesting photographs.

Talking about the cartoon characters, the name of the dog which Linda drew is Afro-dog that I mentioned.
Probably my memory of the Newcastle days can be very vivid. So, Lu has not remembered very well how you two saw off. I remember after some drinks, you two started fighting with a water pistol. I was also one of victum.

By the way, for my next trip, I will definitely buy a digital camera to report a full travel journal with some interesting pictures as you do.

5/18/2005 10:02 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Lovely stories and gorgeous photos (I saw the ones in Nuno's other blogs, too!)
I'd love to give comments but I am now in the last few days of preparations for the PhD exam. Will come back to you ASAP!!!
And will tell Yasu how to post photos ASAP, too!!!
Miss you guys!

5/20/2005 2:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Um Vicente, I found your blog searching for portugal car hire and I find it great although it doesn't cover exactly the portugal car hire I was looking for. Anyway I'll be visiting your blog regularly as I found here interesting thoughts.
Keep up the good work!

11/12/2005 12:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Um Vicente, I found your blog searching for algarve car hire and I find it great although it doesn't cover exactly the algarve car hire I was looking for. Anyway I'll be visiting your blog regularly as I found here interesting thoughts.
Keep up the good work!

11/12/2005 1:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Um Vicente your blog is really great! Wow :-) As I was out blog surfing and surfing the web for detailed info on massage therapy supply outlet I stumbled across your blog. Obviously my search landed me here and it is a little off subject compared to this post, but I am certainly glad I did come across your blog. Did I already tell you I like it! If you would not mind, I would like to add your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about massage therapy supply outlet. Again, great blog and keep up the great work!

11/13/2005 3:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Um Vicente, I found your blog searching for algarve car rental and I find it great although it doesn't cover exactly the algarve car rental I was looking for. Anyway I'll be visiting your blog regularly as I found here interesting thoughts.
Keep up the good work!

11/30/2005 12:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Um Vicente, I found your blog searching for portugal car hire and I find it great although it doesn't cover exactly the portugal car hire I was looking for. Anyway I'll be visiting your blog regularly as I found here interesting thoughts.
Keep up the good work!

11/30/2005 9:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home