5.4.05

What's up?

Hello everyone, what's up? Is anything new in your life?
The temperature is getting warmer here and days have been becoming pleasant. Any of you have a special plan in spring or the Easter? Do you have any travel plan? I am thinking of a possible getaway if I can get a reasonable ticket. Hopefully, Australia. Linda, tell me about your plan for your trip to Europe (where and when). Any of you have any exciting one, feel free to respond to me.

The other topic that I want to talk about, is football. Probably, Nuno is the only one who is enthusiastic about this topic. Watching how my country played, I am sure that Japanese players need to improve their performance in their tecnic and physical fittness. A large gap between Europeans and Asians. So, I am not sure that they can fulfill my expectation.

Ok, the latest match between Portugal and Slovakia is, in a way, impressive. Once again, Scolari proved himself is a great coach. Having one goal behind, he changed a forward player to draw the game. If I give marks on individual players, I will give the highest marks to Cristiano Ronaldo and Ricardo Carvalho. Ronaldo showed his great skills to beat defenders and run up in both side lines and make a few attempt to score a goal. Carvalho conducted their defense superbly. The poorest ones are Simon Sabrosa and Paolo Ferreira. Simon is simply too short and undynamic to beat tall Slovakian defenders. Ferreira again committed a big mistake to give a goal to the opponents.
For the next home game, Scolari must find a good substitute for a left winger. If you ask me, Figo is the only alternative. (Nuno, tell me about reviews and critics by Portuguese media). I do not know how much Scolari trust Ricardo Quaresma. An excellent player but who knows who he will pick for the next match. I believe the opponents put a tight mark on Deco again. So, Portugal need another excellent winger to destroy the defense system.

Another headache is to miss Costinha due to 2-yellowcard suspension. Who will be the substitute. Let me know your view, Nuno. To sum up, the result is OK as long as they can surely beat them hard in Lisbon.

Talking about other countries, France is over. Spain may suffer from an enormous pressure to win next few games. If they can not win, they are out, too. The Dutch coach is brave to test new and young players and so far, they are good. England will be qualified surely even though I myself do not hope so.

Sorry for other members. This can be boring topic.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Yasu

For me it's very interesting topic because unfortunately I didn't have the chance to see the game! I just saw the boring one between England and Azerbeijan. Duuulllllll!!!!!!!

So I read your analysis of the game with interest. Carvalho is definetly great defender, very swift. Ferreira is also good but seems only to play well for the club, in the national team it's a disgrace, Miguel shoul be playing. I understand Scolari putting Ferreira because he's tall, Miguel is shorter and the Slovakian layers are all big guys. But in Lisbon I think Miguel should play!

Costinha will be missed, maybe Manuel Fernandes can play since he's doing quite good season. But there will be problems in te midfield since Deco is going to finish the season exhausted (I think he's the best player in Barcelona, or at least the most regular), and Maniche's season has been quite poor this year due to injury. Simão is terrible at international level, totally harmless. But good news for you, it seems Figo will return to the team in the next game. He missed the team too much...

Pauleta is also terrible nowadays, Postiga and NUNO Gomes are better options.

About travel plans I have none, although Lu is trying to convince me to go to China soon. We'll see...

Cheers mates, I'll send a post with some photos soon!

4/06/2005 7:19 pm  
Blogger Yasu said...

Oi Nuno,
Yes, Football is always exciting topic! Well, we will surely do some forecast and reviews before and after the next game. If you hear anything new about our national team, let me know.
By the way, if you and Lu decide to go to Shanghai, let me know in advance. We will meet there one weekend!
Linda, Thanks for your compliment on my English and I will reply to you in next few days.
Yasu

4/08/2005 3:31 am  
Blogger Linda said...

hey Yasu, I didn't. It was Michael that said your English is good!!! Poor Michael...^_^

4/08/2005 9:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home