18.2.05

(Late) happy Birthday wishes to Linda and (early) birthday greetings to Michael

Either my calender is telling me something wrong or I'm the only one who remembered: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Linda! Sorry for being one day late, but I wasn't in at university yesterday. I wish you good luck for the new year, a very good start for you PhD and loads of fund and love!

And tomorrow? My calender is telling me that it'll be Michael's birthday! I also wish you all the best and a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It's great! You have birthday on a Saturday and you'll hopefully celebrate and enjoy it with friends!

Yes, I'm 'hard' working on my PhD. And to be honest, I feel quite sad, that my time in Newcastle is coming to an end. :-( it was and still is a great time. I decided that I really have to make a big deal of progress during the remaining months now and gave my supervisors a list of 'self-made' deadlines to increase the pressure. I'll see how it works. And the moment I can't complain. I'll be back in Germany some time in August. But the thesis won't be finished by then. It's just easier for me to work part-time there and I'll hopefully finish by the end of this year.

Who of you will come for the football world cup to Germany? I don't know where I'll finally get a job but if I'm in Germany you're welcome!!

Juliane

4 Comments:

Blogger Juliane said...

Okay, first comment from myself:
Linda, I'm wishing you a good start for youR PhD and loads of FUN (although funding wouldn't be bad either...)
Sometimes, proofreading wouldn't be a mistake.
:-)

2/18/2005 11:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Juliane,

Thanks for your rememberance of the birthdays or I would probably forget it.
I'm most probably going to see some games of Portugal in Germany next year. We'll see if we can meet there.

Also good luck for your remaining months of Phd.

Nuno

2/19/2005 3:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Juliane,
Best of lucks to the remainings of your PhD.
You really do it fast. I knew someone who started a year earlier than you but is still struggling in the middle of the hectic works.
Speaking of going to Germany. Since Nuno'll not be able to accept me in summer in Lisbon, I can change my plan to Germany. I'll being a friend with me. If you're not yet back in Germany then, I'll bring you goodies in Newcastle. Can't wait to see you guys in a few months time! ^^

P.S. to Yasu. I know the tickets are cheaper in autumn, but i won't have holidays then. Still wish to see you somewhere sometime.

2/20/2005 3:30 pm  
Blogger Yasu said...

Julian,
You are doing a great work. I really admire you. I am also considering a trip to Germany to watch my team with Figo and Cristiano Ronaldo. It is my religious quest.
Linda, ok. Germany is a good place to become health conscious.
Yasu

2/24/2005 9:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home