5.7.09

Another trip to Italy (Part2) : Italian class

Next morning, my Italian class started. I was already awake at 6:30, although I wanted to sleep till 7:30. I was in insomnia due to jet-lag.

There was plenty of time to put things in order and take a shower. I fixed my coffee as usual. At 8:55, Rich, my Spanish flatmate and I left our appartment. We had to take a little test to see our level in the first hours and then, took an interview.
A writing test was difficult in the last three pages. And in the last page was to write some sentences. Being under an effect of a jet-lag, in the end I gave it up. Anyway, I was the last person to leave a room. I said to myself "I have done well."
After a short interview, I took a lesson for 2 hours. Among several new students, 5 of us were in the same class and we started to introduce ourselves. From the first day, we started to get out together. Romanica is a relatively small school and has a very good atmosphere and we have very good chance to get to know each other well. Teachers and staff are very close to us, we had some occasions to go out together with them. The city itself is also small but people are very friendly and lively. We enjoyed a lot. Well, anyway, I will introduce you many aspects of this attactive city and people.

Firstly, I briefly introduce my classmates here:

Rich, my flatmate (Spanish, from Barcelona)



Alexandra (Polish, a town, 2 hours south of Krakow)


Sonia (Argentina, lives in Barcelona)


Jonna (Finnish, from a town near Helsinki)


Interestingly, we are all from different countries and here we started an italian course on the same day. Aalthought there is a chance that English would be a little easier and more convenient language for communicating each other, without asking each other, we decided to talk in Italian. For me, it was a little difficult, as you may know, I had done a Spanish exam two weeks before. Two languages were mixing in my head!

"Sono llegado in ritardo (I arrived late.)" I was saying in class. "Come? Llegado e che cosa? (Llegado is what? It is not Italian, Yasu. It's Spanish!"
This sort of problems of understanding which word is Italian or Spanish continued almost every lesson in the follwing weeks in Modena.



-My class (center- our Italian teacher, Elena )


-My classmate and other Elena, in the centre of the picture-


Little by little, I introduce my life in Modena. Those who are interested in learning Italian and some wonderful holidays in Modena, check out our school website;
http://www.romanica.it/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home