21.9.08

Linda's wedding and my short trip to Taiwan

Dear all,
I am writing some short report on my second visit of Linda in Taiwan. Some of you do know that Tso Lin, her husband and Linda visited Kyoto and Osaka. Here is a picture of them in Kyoto:



-Snowy weather in Kyoto-

Her wedding was held last Saturday and the most memorable and emotional part in Taiwan would be a ceremony of a bride dresses up and departs from her house. A bridegroom comes to pick her up there.

Her wedding dinner was held in a large wedding hall in Taipei. I can not estimate how many people joined but at least a hundred twenty. Both Linda and Tso Lin have a large family. I was surprised to the number of people attended...






-Tso Lin, Linda, me and Linda's mother

I really enjoyed the dinner. The meal was excellent! Linda made a short film. There is a picture with Julian and Nuno at a short trip from Newcastle. A picture of the snowman that we made in the backyard of Northterrace 19.

Here are some other reports of my visit:
- Taipei 101, the second highest building in the world -



Some tropical fruit of Taiwan.

-wax apple-



-pomelo, a green citrus fruit

On Monday, Linda's mother invited me to a famous Dumping restaurant, Din Tai Fung







After lunch, we went to a small town outskirts of Taipei.







In the end of this report, I would like to introduce a guy who I met at a hotel in Taoyun. You remember your visit (maybe some of you haven't been there.) to an aquerium in Lisbon, one of the finest aquaerium in the world. But you would have never met a guy like him:



I give him a name, Simon. Simon is a quite big fellow. He is much larger than others. He is easygoing, timid and a little coward. I saw him chased by a small black fellow who was annoyed by his existence. Simon retreats, retreats every time this black nasty fellow confront him. "Hang in there, Simon!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Yasu for all your pictures and your report! It's great that you always share your trips with us!

What a beautiful and happy couple!

Simon, though, looks quite the opposite - of both adjectives! ;-)
Your pics of the food made me go to the next Asian supermarket. They didn't have fruits there, though. I know (and like) Pomelos. But the other fruits I never saw.

Juliane

9/27/2008 10:29 am  
Blogger Yasu said...

Hi Juliane, It was indeed a wonderful wedding.
There are many other unique tropical fruit in Taiwan.
Come and visit our side of the Planet.

9/28/2008 9:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me time and money...

But at least once I visited 'your side of the planet - China in 2000.
Great experience!!

Since you raised my awareness of Pomelos: They're much bigger now than I remember them. Rather like a little football and not anymore like a green grapefruit.

Juliane

10/13/2008 8:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home